Sunday, November 28, 2010

Introducing...Sally Faye!




So a little over a week ago I entered into the realm of parenthood...puppy parenthood that is!!...This is my precious new puppy, Sally Faye. I adopted her last Saturday from the the Morgan County Humane Society and she is a 4 month old boxer mix. 

This past week has been quite the adventure with little miss Sally! It all started on Tuesday when my mom dropped her off at the vet to get fixed. At around 930 am I was just starting to fall asleep after working all night long when I got a call from the vet saying Sally had a cold. They didn't want to operate on her with the cold because it would increase the risk of her getting pneumonia. The vet put her on some cough drops, sulfa antibiotics, and we rescheduled her procedure. Later that night Sally was struggling with her breathing which earned her a trip to the emergency vet, yes I had her for 2 days and she's already headed to the ER! Well after several x-rays and a comprehensive exam we got our diagnosis: Pneumonia. So little Sally Faye now gets two antibiotics, an NSAID for her fever, nose drops, coupage (pounding on her lungs), and steam treatments twice a day! All provided by her own personal nurse/ mom! All this on top of trying to get her potty trained!

She's getting better and more puppy like everyday. She finally learned what her toys were for and she's been on two walks/drags (she's still a little skittish around other dogs). Hopefully soon she'll be back to full health and be able to have a play date with her cousin, Kaia!

Even though she's been a whole lot of work I'm so so happy to have her! I hate to think of what would have happened to her if I hadn't adopted her. As I write this now she's curled up next to me snoring (thank you sinus congestion!) and when I lay down to sleep tonight she'll be curled up right next to me. Love it!




2 comments: