Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Holy Ground

So I have this chalkboard in my apartment (really it's a canvas I slapped some chalkboard paint on) and before that it was in my room up at school and one of my favorite things to do is every so often find a quote...either one that inspires me, makes me think, or just makes me laugh and use my "artistic abilities" to decorate the chalkboard with my new quote. I find these quotes all over the place t.v. shows, books, movies, and even friends sometimes. Anyways today seemed like a good day to update the board but first I needed to find a quote. Looking around my apartment I happened to see my copy of velvet Elvis by Rob Bell up on my book shelf. During my sophomore year of college myself and 6 of my best girlfriends did a study with this book and it was and awesome time AND it left me with alot of good quotes...my favorite of which I highlighted. Flipping through the pages I found this gem " Do you and I walk on Holy ground all the time, but we are moving so fast and returning so many calls and writing so many emails and having such long lists to get done that we miss it?" WOW! That one it me! I feel like I get so busy in life with work, and family, and friends, all of which are great things, that I don't take time to pause and see God in everything around me! Let's face it God is all around us and as his people shouldn't we be working to seek out and point out those places where God is at work ( his Holy ground). So that is my challenge this week to really take a second...or maybe a couple... to soak God in and to soak up this Holy ground I'm walking on...because really if I'm given this awesome opportunity I don't want to miss out on it because I was "too busy"


1 comment: